Tuesday 15 November 2011

Hello Little Girl

Hello my little girl. When was the last time I stopped and looked at you, I mean really looked at you. So much as gone on in our lives in the past few months that I have forgotten to sit back and stare at this wonderful creature that I made.
So often I am too busy being taken aback by your intelligence and creativeness, I am too breath taken by your exploding personality and playful outlook on life, I am too occupied with your overwhelming beauty and astonishing brown eyes that I miss the little things (or not as the case may be)......
like your feet, as I hold them in my hand to kiss every last little toe, I wonder, when did they get so big? when did that tiny little foot outline that used to stick out of my belly grow out of their 4th pair of shoes?
That fleshy little bum, when did it become so cute and rounded, when did that skinny, bony little butt that I used to tap when it will still curled up inside my tummy become so perfect and squishy?
As you cuddle up to me pushing your curly golden locks into my face, when did your hair become so thick and smell so captivating? When did that bald little head that burst into my life only 21 months ago become so full of beautiful silky hair?

You really are so beautiful, you will never know how happy and complete you have made my life, and somehow I have managed it again with your stunning little sister.
My promise to myself, I will try to stop during the little everyday things to take it all in, not to miss a single bit of watching you grow. So the next time I cut your nails, try not to get cross with me if I take my time and plant kisses onto your chubby little fingers and trace along the creases of your hand. Its only because your wonderful x x x

No comments:

Post a Comment