Saturday 15 January 2011

Morning Time

Good morning world!!!!
What a beautiful grey morning it is, the suns not shining, the wind is blowing and life is great .......... this is the first morning I have had to myself in such a long time and I am slightly concerned about how happy I am about it!! I love hubby and my squidge so much, but sometimes its great to be just me. Don't get me wrong, hubs has taken off with squidge many a time first thing in the morning and let me have a 'do not disturb' sign up on my bedroom door, but that's sleeping, catching up on the all important zzzz's is a necessity, not always a pleasure! No this morning, I have been treated to an over tired hubs and squidge, so they are still tucked up in bed and I for once am not so exhausted that I have to join them, I am up, wrapped up in hubs dressing gown, tapping away and drinking coffee!!  


Ahhhhhhhh my beloved coffee, for 3 months now not a drop of it has passed my lips, not through choice, although I'm sure many a mum will frown and tut at the idea of caffeine and pregnancy, but sorry not me, would sup on the black stuff daily through out my first pregnancy and wash down the occasional dinner with a glass of red, but this time I couldn't face anything !!! no wine, no coffee, no hot drinks in general, but for the first time in ages, i craved a morning coffee and I sure feel good about that.


Squidge slept in her room last night, she has been in with us since we moved to our new place in Oct, we went from a 3 bed to a 2, not your usual move I know, especially when 4 days after moving you find out number 2 is on its way, but the move was from a stunning bungalow in a beautiful quiet village, with my dream kitchen with own aga and larder, but it was too far for hubs to get to work, we had fallen in love with the house when we had moved in 4 months previous and thought we could make it work, but with a 2 hour commute to work and as hubs works such long shifts anyway it was proving impossible for him to watch squidge grow up, it just wasn't the lifestyle for us. But as I'm sure you all know, the closer to London you move, and if we wanted to move back to where my mummy friends where, the more expensive things got, but we were lucky enough to find a gorgeous little white cottage in a quaint little village right where we wanted to live, within walking distance to a train station for hubs, and a 5 min drive into town for coffee with the mamas for me, perfect, but only 2 bedrooms!!! now I don't mind squidge and number 2 sharing, especially considering 2 will be in with us for a while first of all, but we had another guest, ferret! my baby brother (actually he's 2 years older than me, but still he's my baby brother) who was 'temporarily' staying with us for a couple of weeks, which turned into 6 months, but finally he has moved out, I will miss him, he kept me company many evenings as hubs was working stupid shifts, but it is so nice to have my little family back, and my bedroom back !!!



The squidge and I had a day out yesterday with the mamas whilst hubs had a well deserved day off, kicking back with the xbox! But not before doing my one request of moving squidges cot into her new room. Upon our return home we found hubs on the xbox as predicted, murmuring to myself with no faith than he had managed to move the cot at all, only to be surprised at how a man who claims to have no creativity in him at all, who follows life by the labels (he struggles to do anything without the instructions, something I could never do, so I guess we even each other out there) He had created a pink, butterfly extravaganza for the squidge, her own beautiful little hideaway, with pictures artfully scattered on the wall, butterfly's and sparkly birds hanging from string held up by fairy's, hearts floating on the wall and teddies huddled together on a small white wicker basket, even framed pictures on the windowsill, and every single bit of it childproofed for the little crawler! A tear almost came to my eye at how beautiful it was and at how much love and attention he had put in to it, reminding me that she is his world as well as mine, and that maybe, just maybe someone else could love the squidge just as much as me. not even I could blame the tears on hormones and pregnancy, although i did.

No comments:

Post a Comment