Thursday 27 January 2011

What a week !!!

On an exciting note Ive booked us a relaxing week away for the end of February, a birthday present for myself and the squidge, a chance to get some sun and for squidge to indulge in her favourite past time everyday for a week, swimming! to see those little legs go in the water is quite something !
My older sister is also making plans to come home, for the past 6 years she has been living in Bermuda having the time of her life but she has now decided to come in September and I cant wait. Ive missed her but thanks to the wonders of the web cam it hasn't been to bad. We often set up the camera and just go about our day with the other in the background, shopping online together "ooooh look at this top", "what do you think of this dress", we have managed to keep up the vital parts of a sisters relationship (shopping and gossip) through the virtual world and it has worked, certainly for us at least, though she did find it hard not being here when I had squidge, she surprised me with a visit when I was pregnant as we both thought it wouldn't of been right if she had never of seen me pregnant, and she was over 6 weeks after squidge was born. I try to email her piccy's and videos of squidge as well but nothing beats having her home.
But this week has also been filled with a lot of pain, literally !! Being incredibly dippy (I'm blaming the pregnancy brain) I turned up for what I thought was a dentist appointment, I did think it was a bit odd that it was at the hospital, started getting a bit panicky when they led me to a bed and asked me to put a gown on! Turns out that I was having a cyst from behind my jaw bone removed, They even had to cut away a bit of the bone! (does that grow back?) So the joys of being pregnant means no pain killers afterwards, so have spent the past few days mumbling through a swollen face! Then to top it all off, a fall down the stairs last night, luckily not landing or hitting the bump but landing with a thump on my coccyx, something I never knew existed until the pain hit me, ouch! and apparently they take weeks to get better once bruised.
 So am feeling very sorry for myself, but luckily hubs is off work at the moment, so as I lie awkwardly on the sofa, day dreaming about my week in the sun whilst squidge is tucked up in bed, he is busy in the kitchen cooking me his one dish, spag bowl

No comments:

Post a Comment